Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blog #9-FInal Blog

My favorite read so far was A Streetcar Named Desire. I liked the format of the piece in that is was a play, so it got right to the point. There weren't 2 chapters explaining the scene or how the characters were feeling. I also enjoyed analyzing each character, becuase there were things that I did not notice when I was reading by myself that were discussed in class. If I had one book to throw out, it would be Atonement. Although I really enjoyed the book (and the movie) I feel that there wasn't much to discuss other than the fact that the book was Briony's 'Atonement'. I felt that that was what we talked about everyday, and it got a little old. Overall, I really enjoyed this course. I especially liked how poetry was sprinkled in between reading, becuase I am not a fan of poetry, so having them spread out gave me a little breathing room!

1 comment:

Alex said...

You should learn to read and like poetry. It separates the Monkey's from intelligent life :) I do agree that Tennessee Williams definitely did a good job in putting you inside the characters heads to help you get an inner look at what they were feeling.