Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blog #8 The Watchmen

First of all, I think that the author's metaphor of losing his virginity to a comic book is a little awkward. I did not feel that way at all before I read the book. It was simply another book to read. I had never read a comic book before, but I think that he went a little over the top at describing how he felt before he read it. I was excited to read something different, but not nervous, and I was definitly not pretending it was a "lover" of mine. weird!

However, I do agree with some specific things that he said when describing the book. For instance, when rorschach is looking through The COmedians house, even though there are no words to describe what is going on, you can almost hear him going through the closet, trying not to make a sound. Things like that really get the reader involved. I also was excited to keep on reading, for I felt that the more I read, the more the characters became real, and it was almost as if I was one of them. Very interesting. I am very excited for the movie to come out, and see how it compares to the comic!

No comments: